Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » BBQ in Atlanta » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page BBQ in Atlanta
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Cervantes Cervantes is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 05-04-2002

BBQ in Atlanta Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's at Joe Kirk's house: - 5085 Red Robin Ridge, Alpharetta, GA
Friday, October 10, 7:00pm
770-569-2657 for more details.

Derri says "I'll be there."

email me, djc77da@bellsouth.net for more details!

cheers and much luv to all,

David
09-13-2003 06:01 Cervantes is offline Send an Email to Cervantes Search for Posts by Cervantes Add Cervantes to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Cervantes: djc77da
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

whoo-hooo!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i just e-mailed you......

can't wait!!

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

09-13-2003 09:24 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

But what if his stomach is just full of something stronger than chicory water?
09-13-2003 12:54 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

wow!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i think my wife is even going to go!! maybe i can convert her to great music yet........

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

09-13-2003 20:51 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
anne
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Big Grin Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

this was a fantastic show!! mike, terry & derri sounded EXCELLENT.

they had a really good turn-out -- the place was packed.
(mike and terri joked that the reason so many people came to this one was that derri was there and derri has "teen appeal". derri was like, "yeah... that's what i'm going for: teen appeal Roll Eyes ")

and the venue was super nice, too. the kirks have a lovely house, and the sound quality was better than i've heard at some 'professional' venues.

anyway, it was a ball Big Grin

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
concert quote

(background: mike was making fun of derri's production work, saying that nowadays a band doesn't even have to be able to sing, because you can just turn some knob and it'll even tune the vocals. so mike was envisioning someone coming in and recording a really crappy vocal, and derri-the-producer saying, "that sucked. okay, come in.")
derri: "i've been doing that with you for years, mike."
mike: "the band just broke up."
derri: "hey, usually i'm the one who quits."
mike: "oh, you'll quit later on when you see what we have planned for you...."
Tongue
10-12-2003 09:57 anne is offline Send an Email to anne Homepage of anne Search for Posts by anne Add anne to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

anne dear Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

you dog fan!
Glad you could see the show!
I would guess you traveled a bit to get there?
I know M and T were in top form when I was honored to see them in August- and the "big D" would add a bit on the top end.
C'mon, you went for the teen appeal, didnt you?
LAta

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
10-12-2003 10:14 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
anne
A Hot Wolly

my very favorite boy band Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hey jiminy Smile

quote:
as derri said, "you came all the way up here from tallahassee just for this???" of course, it was SO very much worth it! (i wasn't really planning to go, mainly due to paranoia that my car would break down halfway there, but then i decided, hey, if i don't do fun things, then suddenly my life will be over and it'll have been boring. ....taking a long-term perspective always helps me decide to do crazy things.)

quote:
derri's?? nah, he's not my type.... Wink

later dude....

(as if i weren't busy enough already, suddenly now i have to squeeze in a trip to IL tomorrow night for a funeral. RIP grandpa.)
10-12-2003 20:53 anne is offline Send an Email to anne Homepage of anne Search for Posts by anne Add anne to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi anne!

the dogs are always worth the trip. Smile )

sorry to hear about your grandfather... Frown
have a safe journey.

BD

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by BigDork: 10-13-2003 00:19.

10-13-2003 00:19 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
bret bret is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 08-08-2003

RE: my very favorite boy band Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by anne
hey jiminy Smile

quote:
as derri said, "you came all the way up here from tallahassee just for this???" of course, it was SO very much worth it! (i wasn't really planning to go, mainly due to paranoia that my car would break down halfway there, but then i decided, hey, if i don't do fun things, then suddenly my life will be over and it'll have been boring. ....taking a long-term perspective always helps me decide to do crazy things.)

quote:
derri's?? nah, he's not my type.... Wink

later dude....

(as if i weren't busy enough already, suddenly now i have to squeeze in a trip to IL tomorrow night for a funeral. RIP grandpa.)

Will pray for travelling mercies.

BTW...glad that you could catch the show!!!

Stylin' in my buddy's '34 Ford Roadster
10-13-2003 09:30 bret is offline Send an Email to bret Homepage of bret Search for Posts by bret Add bret to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of bret: forty dlux
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

safe trip for Anne- Lord

Granpas ARE the best- I ought to know!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
10-13-2003 11:52 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
anne
A Hot Wolly

thanks guys, i do appreciate it Smile
i'm off to the airport. (with Green Room Serenade, Part Tour - Jimmy in the player)
10-13-2003 15:19 anne is offline Send an Email to anne Homepage of anne Search for Posts by anne Add anne to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Thumb Up! CooL Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by anne
this was a fantastic show!! mike, terry & derri sounded EXCELLENT.

they had a really good turn-out -- the place was packed.
(mike and terri joked that the reason so many people came to this one was that derri was there and derri has "teen appeal". derri was like, "yeah... that's what i'm going for: teen appeal Roll Eyes ")

and the venue was super nice, too. the kirks have a lovely house, and the sound quality was better than i've heard at some 'professional' venues.

anyway, it was a ball Big Grin

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
concert quote

(background: mike was making fun of derri's production work, saying that nowadays a band doesn't even have to be able to sing, because you can just turn some knob and it'll even tune the vocals. so mike was envisioning someone coming in and recording a really crappy vocal, and derri-the-producer saying, "that sucked. okay, come in.")
derri: "i've been doing that with you for years, mike."
mike: "the band just broke up."
derri: "hey, usually i'm the one who quits."
mike: "oh, you'll quit later on when you see what we have planned for you...."
Tongue

10-13-2003 15:40 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » BBQ in Atlanta

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH