Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Live Bootleg '82 --- Wow! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Live Bootleg '82 --- Wow!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

RE: Gee, I heard... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Strange Animal
i believe that was the wacky fan! Tongue

it's a live recording from 1982 of a band most people have never heard of...
what did you expect? Confused Big Grin

it's good... but not great due to the recording quality..
like dennis said, hopefully you didn't pay a lot for it...... Red Face

No, no, no, you misunderstand me! Shocked I love Live Bootleg. Big Grin
Some songs I prefer to the studio versions! Cool

It's just you can buy the cassette in the webstore for $10.00
That's all I meant! Pleased

04-15-2008 19:09 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Pleased
quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
Ruckus on the other hand was a soundboard Cornerstone plugin recording, it would probably be a lot better if it was mastered at some point. Having been there I think the great thing about that show was the volume of material covered. It was a pretty big band as well.

It would be cool to hear that mastered! Pleased

04-15-2008 19:10 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jyroflux
quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
Live Bootleg 82 was recorded analogue multitrack by Bruce Brown in St Louis. The multitrack was digitally transfered to digital multitrack when the CD was produced. We have the master tapes, and have thought about putting out the whole show on CD, if there was interest. A few songs were dropped for the CD.

This I would love to see. Perhaps if the DFBB CD sounds great and sells well (everyone must buy DFBB even if you already have it or have to get a second job to afford it) a new expanded version of Live Bootleg can be a project for Arena Rock.

I would buy it! Cool

04-15-2008 19:12 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
RoxxRegime
Unsullied Affiche

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2008

Thread Starter Thread Started by RoxxRegime
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
I hope you did not spend more than ten bucks for it!

$3.99 plus shipping Smile

I'm all for whatever DA wants to put out! I'll buy it!

A re-recording of HD would be interesting, I'd buy it. I love the original, though. But I'd still buy it.

What's the tracklisting on the Ruckus disc?
04-15-2008 19:20 RoxxRegime is offline Search for Posts by RoxxRegime Add RoxxRegime to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by RoxxRegime
quote:
I hope you did not spend more than ten bucks for it!

$3.99 plus shipping Smile

I'm all for whatever DA wants to put out! I'll buy it!

A re-recording of HD would be interesting, I'd buy it. I love the original, though. But I'd still buy it.

What's the tracklisting on the Ruckus disc?

tracklisting on the Ruckus disc

Just scroll down.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 04-15-2008 19:24.

04-15-2008 19:23 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
RoxxRegime
Unsullied Affiche

Wow...there is SO much I don't know about Terry!!!

I'm enjoying this. Ever read one of those reviews where they say something like, "My only regret is that I can't go back and listen for the first time again?" I'm enjoying finding all this great stuff!
04-15-2008 19:32 RoxxRegime is offline Search for Posts by RoxxRegime Add RoxxRegime to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

I'd just like to say "I'm in" for all the release being discussed in this thread...and I'm at my second job right now so that I can save the money to buy them! Just don't release everything all at once...I'm settling down to be a responsible young man with a job, wife, house, and budget.
04-15-2008 19:44 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
RoxxRegime
Unsullied Affiche

quote:
I'd just like to say "I'm in" for all the release being discussed in this thread...and I'm at my second job right now so that I can save the money to buy them! Just don't release everything all at once...I'm settling down to be a responsible young man with a job, wife, house, and budget.

Same here, on all counts! Smile
04-15-2008 20:05 RoxxRegime is offline Search for Posts by RoxxRegime Add RoxxRegime to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Reviving another "lost" thread Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Live Bootleg 82 was recorded analogue multitrack by Bruce Brown in St Louis. The multitrack was digitally transfered to digital multitrack when the CD was produced. We have the master tapes, and have thought about putting out the whole show on CD, if there was interest. A few songs were dropped for the CD.

I'd buy it. I've only heard the two songs that are on Our Personal Favorite World Famous Hits, and have always thought, "Wow, this would be great to own." But then, knowing it's only available on cassette and that I don't own a cassette player, well, I never purchased it.

It would make a great Christmas gift Big Grin

07-05-2008 01:01 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

I would buy it too, if re-issued with the entire show!! Pleased

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 07-05-2008 06:46.

07-05-2008 06:45 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Matt K Matt K is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 05-03-2002

As would I!
07-05-2008 08:15 Matt K is offline Send an Email to Matt K Homepage of Matt K Search for Posts by Matt K Add Matt K to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Matt K: xxthundrrblt67xx YIM Account Name of Matt K: scrapbrain_409
James
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-09-2007

I bought my copy of Live Bootleg '82 from Terry himself! Pleased
07-05-2008 16:00 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

^I did as well! Cool
On the BBQ Tour!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 07-05-2008 16:46.

07-05-2008 16:45 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

^Terry looked at the cover when signing the CD I had just bought from him
and asked me if I thought Tim should looks like he was from the band Journey. Tongue

He does, of course. Big Grin

07-05-2008 18:17 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

This will probably be part of the next batch of "affordable" reissues thats coming down the road... (following "Swirling Mellow," "All Day Sing," and "Hodgepodge.") Shouldn't be too far away.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-06-2008 16:57 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Live Bootleg '82 --- Wow!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH