Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Where's Steve? ...still looking » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Where's Steve? ...still looking
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Pfiagra
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-137.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2002

Where's Steve? ...still looking Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So what is the story behind this "hidden" text on the new 30TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION?

07-03-2006 11:24 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
bigdork.2
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 11-22-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"hidden" text?

07-03-2006 12:05 bigdork.2 is offline Send an Email to bigdork.2 Search for Posts by bigdork.2 Add bigdork.2 to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I haven't gone anywhere, except in my pants from time to time and once in the toilet.

07-03-2006 12:37 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Pfiagra
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-137.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by Pfiagra

Look on the inside right edge of the back insert behind the CDs.

07-03-2006 13:22 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

took me awhile to find this before you posted the solution - do I get a prize?

Steve B. left DA before the second album came out. If you look at the paragraph giving thanks on Shotgun Angel you'll see "Where's Steve?" at the end.

I assume this was because he was familiar to the first generation of fans. If anyone appeared to be having a good time on stage it was always Steve... because he always was. He's the original party animal good time Charlie. Now it may be that on subsequent albums the "... still looking" was added. Perhaps someone can find that.

Rumor has it Steve was not always where he was expected to be for DA events, e.g. their audition at Maranatha. That may have contributed to the development of this piece in the DA lore.

Steve is a very loveable guy, just not the most organized. I lived with him for at least a year. We were the classic odd couple. Steve's stuff resided where it landed. Mine had a place, etc. His favorite term for me was"weird" which was probably a polite way to suggest I was an*l.

So where IS Steve?

Psalm 119:83
07-03-2006 13:35 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
bigdork.2
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 11-22-2004

quote:
Originally posted by Pfiagra
Look on the inside right edge of the back insert behind the CDs.

Tongue

07-03-2006 14:14 bigdork.2 is offline Send an Email to bigdork.2 Search for Posts by bigdork.2 Add bigdork.2 to your Buddy List
samson samson is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

I though Steve went to live with big foot and elvis Big Grin
07-03-2006 22:36 samson is offline Send an Email to samson Search for Posts by samson Add samson to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Yeah thats a running joke in many DA albums. And yeah I think its in part do to his not showing up for things like the audition. Thats what we heard.

07-03-2006 23:50 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Duh, Steve is in SLO county with me.

07-04-2006 01:15 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by .backs.
Duh, Steve is in SLO county with me.

Baxters of a feather flock together? Tongue Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
07-05-2006 12:09 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Where's Steve? ...still looking

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH